How to get refund on Tax Discs?

When the DVLA are notified that you have disposed of your car, any remaining car tax will automatically be sent to you

How do i get paid?

We paid you via bank transfer using 'Faster Payments' usually this payment will take a maximum of 2 hours to clear.

How soon can you collect my car?

Depending on your location, we can often collect on the same day or next day.

Do you collect vehicles that have no wheels or won't start?

Yes no problem, if you are local to Colchester, Essex we will come and collect.

Will I get more money if I deliver the car?

Our prices will always be slightly less if you require us to collect the car, you can earn a few more pounds if you are able to drop the vehicle to us.

What do I do with the V5C (log book)?

On collection, we will complete Section 9 of the V5C and you need to send this to DVLA. If you have requested a Certificate of Destruction (CoD), it should arrive within 48 working hours. If you don’t have the V5C then you will need to notify DVLA in writing that you have scrapped/sold the car to us.

Will we haggle on collection?

No, we like to provide a price that we can stick to! The only thing that may affect the price is if you have taken parts off the vehicle without telling us. Removing parts will affect the scrap value and therefore the price we can offer to you. As long as your description is accurate, you won’t have a problem.

What to do with my car insurance?

You can cancel your car insurance as soon as the car has been collected. If you cancel your insurance before the car is collected, then it is illegal for you to use it on the public highway. If you are replacing your old car with a new one, you should contact your insurance company as they may be able to replace the vehicle on the policy or issue a refund.

What is a Certificate Of Destruction?

C.O.D (certificate of destruction) is a certificate that can only be provided by a company that is registered as an ATF (authorised treatment facility). We are an established and reputable registered ATF company, so if you request a COD you will receive one. Using Autobreak you can also be confident that your car will be recycled correctly and legally.

Unhappy with the price offered?

We would love to hear from you if you are unhappy with the price offered. Give us a call on 01206 791 144 and we will discuss your car in more detail and see what we can do.